"On the loose to climb a mountain,

On the loose where I am free.

On the loose to live my life, the way I think my life should be,

For I've only got a moment and a whole world yet to see.

I'll be looking for tomorrow on the loose..."

Friday, March 26, 2010

"Twenty-Ten"

There is exactly 76 days until the 2010 FIFA World Cup begins. At any given day I believe most people could tell you the count. The World Cup has taken over South Africa! It is referred to simply as “twenty-ten’. As Rustenburg is hosting games, the madness is certainly all around. The World Cup has really taken over. As South Africa prepares for the games, many of the roads are being redone, forcing people to find new routes. It seems you can’t turn on the radio or television without hearing about the games. Most of the commercials and promotional material is centered around the games. Today I experienced my first “Football Friday” on one of the radio stations, where people called in and said what color jersey they were wearing and discussed the players.

“Twenty-Ten” seems to really be giving South Africa a source of pride. From what I have heard on the radio, TV, and from talking to people, the games are going to give South Africa an opportunity to share their heritage with the world, and show their hospitality to the visitors. I look forward to reporting more about “twenty-ten” and it draws closer and the fans get crazier!

Peace, Love, and Football Fridays,
Lily

1 comment:

  1. Lily! fabulous blog. SA sounds beautiful. I wish i could go to your farm for a day and see all of the animals and mountains. keep it up! you should post some pictures if you can!

    love ya! -shan

    ReplyDelete