"On the loose to climb a mountain,

On the loose where I am free.

On the loose to live my life, the way I think my life should be,

For I've only got a moment and a whole world yet to see.

I'll be looking for tomorrow on the loose..."

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Where in the World is KFC?

Right here. Everywhere! I have never seen a higher frequency of KFC, or KFC commercials ever before! Who would’ve thought. I have always associated KENTUCY Fried Chicken to be a symbol of the American south. Not the south of Africa! But apparently this is because of the tremendous amount of chickens that are here. The KFCs here do not represent the American south by any means. They have a South African style. There is one KFC commercial that explains how the world was once Pangea, but KFC brings the world together in “Fangea”. Once again, the World Cup has found a way into an advertisement!

So since KFC is part of the South African (fast food) culture, and I am trying to be a conscientious world traveler, I HAD to try it out. I mean I was only trying to emerge myself into the culture. Come on now, its not like it’s in my character to eat at gross fast food joints. RIGHT. But yeah, KFC here is good stuff man. I had the “streetwise zinger (pronounced zingah) sandwich” the day after I arrived in Botswana. Mmmmmmm =)

Peace, love, and fried chicken,
Lily

2 comments: